Logically it follows that the process used in a pure sine wave inverter is more complex than a modified sine wave inverter and subsequently more expensive. Most electric appliances operate unaffected on a modified sine wave and hence they are more common.
Pure sine wave inverters are best for use on medical equipment and sensitive electrical appliances. They allow you to watch television without static, play your favourite game on an XBoxTM, PlaystationTM or WiiTM and run a fluro, all of which may not operate properly on a modified sine wave inverter.
FULLY ISOLATED DESIGN
Safety is paramount around 240V and in particular with inverters which is why Projecta fully electrically isolates the DC (and therefore battery posts, vehicle chassis, etc) from the 240V AC circuit.
- P/No. IP1000
- Input 12VDC Battery/Vehicle (9.75–15.5VDC)
- Input Current (Max DC Amps) 100A
- No Load Current Draw 1200mA
- Remote Standby Current Draw: 2mA
- Output 240VAC 50Hz
- Continuous Power (Watts) 1000W
- Peak Power (Watts) 2000W
- Inverter Classification Equipotentially Bonded Inverter (EPB)
- Output Waveform Pure Sine Wave
- Efficiency 85–90%
- Low Battery Alarm/Shutdown Alarm 10.25V, Shutdown 9.75V (±0.2V)
- Cooling Fan Automatic Temperature Controlled Thermal Shutdown 65ºC (±5ºC)
- Replacement Fuse Standard Auto Blade Fuse
- Quantity & Size 220A (4 x 40A & 2 x 30A)
- Fuse Location Internal Size (mm) 360 x 168 x 81
- Weight 3.2kg